This journey has involved:
1) creating my own website using weebly tools - then applying my learning to develop five other websites for different purposes using the same tools.
2) creating and maintaining a blog on my weebly website
3) opening a twitter account and participating in four twitter exchanges as well as behaving as an individual
4) setting up a 'scrapbook' to enable me to provide supplementary materials for twitter
5) opening a facebook account and with the help of my daughter setting up a lifewide education facebook page and making postings to the pagehttp://www.facebook.com/LifewideEducation
6) setting up a Lifewide Education Twitter account and linking it to the Facebook pagehttps://twitter.com/#!/
6) setting up a lifewide education organisational page and promoting discussions on linked in.
What I have learnt through this process of participation?
I realise I can make effective use of these technologies - I am not scared of making postings and I can see how they work in terms of attracting an audience or following. I'm also beginning to understand how I have to behave in order to attract a social network. These things have been learnt through 1) trial and error - just trying them out 2) being guided by people who were already experienced in using them 3) observing how other users use them and copying them 4) trying to involve other people.